EndNote Online is an online version of EndNote for people who use EndNote desktop version. Both online and desktop versions of EndNote are available for AUT staff and students.
Register with EndNote Online:
- Access the Web of Science database from the AUT Library database page.
- Click Sign in and select Register.
- Enter your email address and choose a password.
- Once you have set up your account, you can access EndNote Online at http://www.myendnoteweb.com from any computer with an Internet connection for a period of twelve months. If you make at least one on-campus access during the 12 month period, you will be able to continue using EndNote Online for a further 12 months from the date of the access. If you prefer to do this off-campus, you could login to EndNote Online via the Web of Science database. This will enable you to use EndNote Online for another 12 months or activate an expired EndNote Online account.
What you can do with EndNote Online
- You can synchronise references between your EndNote Online library and your desktop EndNote library. You may find it valuable when you are working off-campus at a number of locations.
- If you sign in to the Web of Science database from the Library website, you can save references from the Web of Science to your EndNote Online or Desktop Library directly.
- You can also use Capture References to add online resources that do not have the direct export option to your EndNote Online Library
- You may share references with your co-researchers.
EndNote Online has much of the functionality of the desktop version of EndNote but is less powerful and versatile. Some limitations to note:
- It is not possible in EndNote Online to use a journals term list to convert abbreviated journal titles into full titles.
- Smart Group function is not available on EndNote Online. Any Smart groups in your desktop library will not be synced to your EndNote Online library.
Find more information in the Section 17 of these user guides: Guide to EndNote X7 (Windows), and Guide to EndNote X7 (Mac).