Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use APA Referencing unless you have been instructed to use another style.
Getting started with referencing - video
The IEEE citation style for electrical, electronic and computing publications.
Harvard Referencing at AUT
Harvard Referencing Style - University of Auckland guide
Harvard guide - Monash University
Alternatively use LaTeX with a BibTeX file for references. See the LaTeX guide.
RMIT's Easy Cite referencing tool provides a quick format guide for IEEE, APA 6th ed., RMIT Harvard, Vancouver and Chicago referencing styles.
* You need to be familiar with the referencing style you are required to use before you use referencing software.
* References from databases do not always export correctly. Check the format against the Referencing Guide and modify your document in plain text.
Guide to using EndNote, software that helps organise your reference sources. Also allows you to create in-text citations and a list of references as you type in Microsoft Word.
A free reference management programme.
Mendeley is a free reference management tool. It can also be used to collaborate with other researchers.
LaTeX is a high-quality typesetting system. It includes features designed for the production of technical and scientific documents. LaTeX is available as free software. Downloads for Linux, Mac and Window are available.
TeX resources on the web - Text formatting with Latex : a tutorial - About LaTeX (Wikipedia)
LaTeX search from Springer, lets you search through over 8,223,138 LaTeX code snippets to find the equation you need.
Books available in the Library:
- Kottwitz, S. (2011). LaTeX beginner's guide. Birmingham, UK: Packt. eBook
- Kopka, H., & Daly, P. W. (2004). Guide to LATEX. Boston: Addison-Wesley. Call Num: 686.22544536 KOP - Check Library shelves.
- Dongen, M. R. C. v., & Books24x7, I. (2012). LATEX and friends. Heidelberg: Springer Berlin Heidelberg. eBook
- Gratzer, G. (2014). Practical LaTeX. Heidelberg: Springer. eBook
Apacite provides a BibTEX style and a LATEX package which are designed to match the requirements of the American Psychological Association's (APA) style for citations.
Authorea is the collaborative editor for research. Write and manage your documents in one place, for free.
Need help using the Library?
Need help finding information?